[How To] Install WordPress Plugin “Limit Logins” and Prevent Brute Force Attacks
Published by Peter Armstrong on April 12th, 2013
These are instructions on how to install the Limit Logins Attempts plugin on your WordPress blog. This plugin is important because it helps prevent brute force login attacks from your WordPress admin dashboard.
1) Login to the admin dashboard of your WordPress blog
2) Go to the Plugins page and click on the “Add New” button
3) Type “login limits” into the search box and click on the “Search Plugins” button
4) The Limit Login Attempts plugin should be the first plugin in the search results. Click the “Install Now” button
5) The plugin will say it has successfully installed. Click on the “Activate Plugin” button. That’s it!
In addition to taking these steps, it’s very important to have a very secure password for all WordPress admin users.